Rent, Waiting Period, Types of Accommodation

Read out and MP3 download   Read out

Rent, utilities and waiting periods

The rent (basic rent plus utilities) needs to cover all the costs of the accommodation. There are no subsidies to the day-to-day running of the halls of residence. The rent is withdrawn every month by means of direct debit from the account provided by the tenant. The estimated utility costs are withdrawn along with the rent each month as an advance payment; any differences between the amount paid for and actually used is settled after each calculation period.

Details on rent and waiting periods for the individual halls of residence can be found here.

Waiting periods

The waiting period starts on the day you submit your application.

The stated waiting periods are based on average waiting times and are only meant to give you a rough idea of how long you will have to wait. As the waiting periods may change over time (they might also get longer), we recommend to regularly check the up-to-date waiting periods.

Types of accommodation

Please note that our halls of residence provide different types of accommodation. Not all of them are available in all of our halls. Before applying online, please have a look at our Halls Page or waiting periods to find out which types of accommodation are provided in which hall.

Our different types of accommodation:

  • single room (shower, toilet and kitchen are shared within a residential group)
  • apartment with shared kitchen (own shower and toilet)
  • doublet (single room in a shared flat where two people share one bathroom. The kitchen is shared by all the residents of the shared flat.)
  • studio apartment (own shower and toilet, own kitchen unit)
  • flat (large apartment or flat with 2-3 rooms) available only for couples with a child (both matriculated)  
  • single-parent apartment (11/2 rooms as an apartment or in a shared flat for 2 students)
  • apartment/room for disabled students (apartment/single room in shared flat, equipped accordingly)

Parking spaces

The Studierendenwerk München Oberbayern rents out parking spaces in some of its halls of residence. Monthly rent is between 6 to 35 euros for matriculated residents, and between 15 and 80 euros for external tenants. Further information regarding locations and contact details can be found here.


Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (Verbraucherstreitbeilegungsgesetz / VSBG)

Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (VSBG) – in force since 1 April 2016

The traders’ obligation to provide information only came into force on 1st February 2017 (§§ 36, 37 VSBG)

We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in any dispute resolution procedures before a consumer conciliation body under the Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (VSBG).

The Consumer Dispute Resolution Act, however, requires us to nonetheless point out to you a consumer conciliation body in charge:

Allgemeine Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle des Zentrums für Schlichtung e. V.
Straßburger Str. 8
77694 Kehl

Questions or suggestions?

Send us an email!